Back on 1 January, I made some promises to myself. I wanted to update you on my progress.
Make more of my time. Partially improved, now with a better morning routine.
- Spend more time with family. This has definitely happened with one holiday and regular trips to see my parents.
- See more of old friends. Not completely there yet but I have reached out to more people.
- Achieve my MBA. Enrolled on the final two modules starts this May.
- Visit a new country. No, though I did visit Venice, Italy for the first time in 20 years.
- Go hill walking more. Fail, not a sausage. Renewed effort this summer.
- Book Mountain Leader Training. As above, need the experience.
- Read one book each month. I have read 9 books since Jan from cover to cover and have another 3 in various states. I am rather pleased with this.
- Ironman Distance Triathlon. Training has stalled massively and this may need to be on next year’s list. A weakness I know but sometimes it is worth knowing what can be achieved.
- “Screw it, just do it”. Mantra has been with me throughout my career transition.
- Eat more healthily. Achieved through until March when it has gone downhill. Another to start afresh and with renewed vigour.
- Give up cookies. Linked to the above, only twice have I broken the seal.
- Review finances. Completed and I have other new tasks to do because of it. It has meant we are now paying down our mortgage more quickly and making more with less.
- Grow chillis. They are growing fast and need to be repotted.
- Start a new university course. Completed my first module in April 2016 and the next one starts this November.
- Garden more. Easy habit and well prepared for Spring / Summer 2016. We have garlic, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, chillis and much more besides. All really easy to grow.
- Throw out old things. We have managed one cupboard and I have given up console gaming.
- Go camping. Not achieved yet but looking forward to summer.
- Secure a new career. In progress. 6 months to go.
- Cycle 100 miles. I have planned for one better. Land’s End to John O’ Groats in the UK for this summer season.
Next up, make 35 challenges before I reach 36 years of age. I can’t remember this one but it sure makes a good next blog post.
What about you? What progress have you made on your goals for this year? If you have written some, how about just start writing…